Database consulting services are in high demand these days for a variety of reasons. Why do companies seek database consulting and what are the benefits of working with a reputable database consulting firm? Let’s discuss these and other points in detail.
What do database consulting services include?
It’s no news that keeping up with the latest technology stack and market best practices poses a considerable challenge, and database management solutions are no exception. Whether you are just choosing a DB to use for your project or feel you are not using the right database / existing DB at most, there may come a time when you realize you need a professional consulting on a database.
Amplified by increasing regulatory requirements, budget constraints, and constant business development and growth, the need for reliable external resources, such as database consulting services, has led to skyrocketing demand for credible database consulting firms in these days.
No wonder that according to the information age, 75% of companies plan to increase their spending on technical consultants in the next year and a half. Meanwhile, the value of the global technology consulting market reached $ 53 billion in 2020 and continues to grow, according to Statista.
Database Consulting Firms provide professional advice to companies in need of expert level data management consultants, architects and database administrators who can identify the challenges and goals of the business and recommend the most relevant solution in terms of business needs, existing DB solutions and the latest trends.
Depending on the needs of your organization, database consulting can be:
- Project based. You can hire a database consulting firm to conduct a review of the current state of the technology stack and business processes and advise on the correct DB selection / migration to meet the needs of the project. At this point, you may need management, development or DBA consulting services.
- Long-term cooperation. You might also consider working with a long-term consulting database service provider, having access to the most important experts at your fingertips and ensuring you have the best database usage experience.
Why Businesses May Need Database Consulting?
There are three main cases where a business may need professional database advice, namely:
- The initial choice on the right DB. When selecting a DB for your business, it is critical to make the right choice from the start, otherwise you will need to rebuild existing solutions when moving to a more appropriate option in the future. These problems can be easily mitigated by opting for a suitable database consulting service.
- Existing DB customization. Depending on the needs of the business, it may be necessary to create a custom solution using the existing DB. In this case, you may be looking for specific options, for example, database business intelligence consulting services or a company that can provide NoSQL consulting and NoSQL developer for your project.
- DB migration. Organizations often turn to database migration advice when they realize that their existing DB does not fully meet their needs or has some specific limitations that do not allow for further business growth. Fortunately, you can find a reputable service provider who specializes in the exact DB solutions, for example, Drupal database migration consulting.
Thanks to the huge market demand and the variety of consulting solutions available, you can find the exact database consulting solutions your business needs.
The 5 best databases that companies need advice with
Below, you can find a list of the most popular DBs that consultant database experts can help you with:
- Oracle. According to Statista, Oracle is the most popular database used by companies globally as of 2020. Oracle is an enterprise-grade database with complex yet flexible options that allow you to manage large amounts of data and business solutions. That’s why Oracle database consulting is very popular with medium to large organizations looking for a reputable Oracle database consulting firm.
- MySQL. For businesses looking for easy-to-organize and easy-to-scale solutions, MySQL is the preferred choice. It’s a high-performance and still relatively simple option for businesses that don’t require complex solutions but still want a reliable and secure database to operate with.
- MongoDB. This is currently the most popular NoSQL database, especially among startups and small businesses interested in consulting on NoSQL databases. It requires less management and cost to use and is high performance and flexible, but MongoDB will not be the best option for highly transactional systems and complex software.
- PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL has gained popularity in recent years, thanks to its high extensibility, reliability, security and data integrity options. It is part of SQL database consulting services and at the same time complies with SQL standards, allowing for greater flexibility and versatility of the architecture than other SQL solutions.
- AWS DB. Companies working with Amazon Web Services or planning to move their workloads to the AWS Cloud often seek out AWS DB consulting and AWS consulting services that can help them get the most out of their chosen technology.
What problems can DB Consulting help companies avoid?
To summarize the above, let’s take a look at the problems, problems and risks that professional DB consulting can help companies solve and avoid:
- Make sure that the chosen DB meets the strategic business objectives and technical requirements;
- Avoid the common pitfalls that come with DB integration and compliance;
- Provide advice on customization and migration of the most suitable DB, if necessary;
- Ensure scalability, flexibility and security of the customized solution;
- Keep an eye on the latest DBs and tech trends globally.
How to choose a reliable database consulting firm
Choosing the right DB consulting firm may seem complicated at first, but by checking the following five points, you can choose a reputable consulting service provider that will easily meet your business needs:
- Complete expertise. It is always better to work with the most experienced, renowned and versatile experts. At the same time, it is worth looking for a provider that specializes in the DB solutions you need. Therefore, it is recommended that you look for companies that provide various DB consulting services, from Oracle to Big Data consulting firms, which have a proven track record of successful projects and implemented solutions.
- Portfolio / Case Studies. When checking out the company’s experience in your field, it’s great to review completed projects and available case studies. It is also important to find out if the company’s experts possess the necessary certifications that enable them to provide first-class consulting services that can bring real benefits to the company.
- Customer feedback / reviews. Another important point is to access the online presence of the DB consulting organization as well as the online reviews on the web. A professional company always has a lot of positive reviews from real customers and about real projects, which you can easily check.
- Personalized approach. A professional service provider always has a dedicated approach to each client they work with. Therefore, when looking for database consulting (DBA) services, be sure to clarify whether you will be working with a dedicated expert who will only focus on the needs of your business and provide you with the first-class advice you need.
- Optimal rates for consulting the database. While organizations initially look for database consulting firms in the United States, many companies have already opted for highly effective and cost-effective remote DB consulting options. Therefore, it would be smart to review the average cost of database consulting services globally and choose a reputable service provider with the relevant expertise and affordable rates.
Mobilunity as a reliable database consulting provider
Mobilunity is a renowned Ukrainian company that has been providing database development, management and consulting services to small startups and large-scale global organizations for over 10 years. Our experts know how to select the most suitable DB specialists with many years of experience in the specific field who can provide top-notch customer database advice and can take advantage of your business needs.
Contact Mobilunity representatives today and get the first-class solution tailored to your organization’s requirements and goals, be it Oracle database consulting, Microsoft Access database consulting, or any other DB you need.