* White House insiders say they are “perplexed” by Kamala’s reactions
* She replied to reporters when asked if she would eventually visit the Rio Grande
* Harris said on several occasions that a border trip would be a “grand gesture” and “shortsighted”
* Progressive Democrats were furious when he told migrants “don’t come”
* The Biden administration had hoped his first trip was “successful”
* Now they fear that his public relations missteps may have overshadowed any progress
The Biden administration also appears to be baffled by Kamala Harris’ trip to Guatemala and Mexico to address the border crisis.
White House insiders were “puzzled” by his answers to his questions about whether he would visit the Rio Grande and “hoped that his first trip abroad would be a success,” CNN reported.
Officials also fear that any progress he made during his meetings with the Guatemalan and Mexican presidents could be undone by his mixed messages and concise meetings with reporters.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: She will be given a pass by the administration and the media because this was her first trip. But she wasn’t prepared for this trip, and it showed.
More news about US Vice President Kamala Harris’ trip to Central America