Daily mail: Biden says he has “great faith” in Joint Chiefs Chairman Milley despite admitting calling China and lecturing staff on nuclear weapons protocol: Trump’s defense secretary says he “does not” authorize calls and the general he should resign
* President Joe Biden said he had “great faith” in General Mark Milley after admitting to holding calls with his Chinese counterpart working under Trump.
* Press officer Jen Psaki called Milley a “patriot” when she defended him
* He said Biden has “complete confidence” in Milley’s “allegiance to our Constitution”
* Former interim Pentagon chief said he “would never” authorize “secret” calls
* General Mark Milley confirmed that the phone calls came in a statement on Wednesday via his spokesperson, Colonel Dave Butler
* A new book claims that Milley phoned his Chinese counterpart for reassurance two days after the January 6 Capitol uprising
* Trump accused him of treason and Republicans are calling for his resignation
* The revelations in the book sparked a wave of concern that Milley had violated the chain of command and endangered national security.
* Milley was concerned that Trump might take rogue action to stay in office
* All of the above has been detailed in “Peril”, an upcoming book on the 2020 presidential election by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa
President Joe Biden said he had “great faith” in the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley, after the military man admitted Wednesday that he spoke to his Chinese counterpart in coordination with defense officials – but the head of the Pentagon in charge at the time said that “calls are not authorized.
Milley was responding to a bombshell report that claims he phoned his counterpart behind Trump over concerns that the former president would take rogue action to stay in office.
“I have great faith in General Milley,” Biden told reporters Wednesday afternoon.
to know more ….
More news on President Biden who says he has “great faith” in the joint chiefs president, General Milley
Biden says he has “great faith” in Milley after book reveals top general, fearing Trump, conferred with China to avert war – Washington Post
Biden Expresses Confidence in Milley Amidst Questions About His Calls to China – New York Times
Joe Biden has “great faith” in General Milley after the Trump revelation – The Guardian
WH defends Milley given the “context”, the Joint Chiefs claim calls to China – NYPost
Biden expresses “great confidence” in general after the Woodward – Axios report
[ http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WarNewsUpdates/~3/2i_hFVZk0JU/president-biden-says-he-has-great.html https://d26toa8f6ahusa.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/30214746/a-quiet-place-part-2-bigs-16.pdf