If a person plans to live in the territory of Ukraine for a long time, a special permit from the state will be required for this. A residence permit gives you the right to officially live in Ukraine, but it also requires certain rules.
How to obtain a permanent residence permit?
The law defined two main groups of people who have the opportunity to obtain a permanent residence permit for a foreigner in Ukraine. The first includes those who have quotas and the second includes immigrants without quotas. Who goes out with the first group?
- Representatives of culture.
- Highly qualified specialists.
- A person who has invested no less than one hundred thousand dollars from the United States of America in Ukraine.
- Relatives of a citizen.
- Husband and eighteen-year-old children of the person receiving permanent residence.
- Refugees three years after receiving asylum.
The list of those who do not have shares includes such groups of people who have a state interest. Each case is considered separately, but with competent compilation of documents there is a high probability of receiving this document in the shortest possible time.
What are the advantages of a permanent residence permit in Ukraine?
The most important advantage of getting a certificate is that a person can come to Ukraine as soon as it is convenient. From now on, the terms of stay are no longer limited to 90 days and visas are not required for entry into Ukraine. Furthermore, it is not at all necessary to obtain an appropriate permit for work placement.
Permanent residence opens up new opportunities. You can forget about the regular payment of the consular fee, about spending money on medical insurance. As a result, a person will be a tangible savings.
All these advantages open up many new opportunities when living in Ukraine. However, each situation has its own characteristics, so there are always some questions about this. To find answers to questions, you can consult our specialists at the telephone numbers indicated on the site.
Is it possible to issue a residence permit if the person is out of migration quota?
In addition to those who are granted an immigration permit within the established quota, the legislation has reasons why the residence permit is not limited to the quota.
- marriage with a citizen of Ukraine, which lasted two years or more;
- relatives of the first generation who are Ukrainian citizens;
- Ukrainian diaspora or foreigners with confirmed roots in our country (foreign Ukrainians);
- people who are territorially of Ukraine;
- foreign guardians or administrators who can document the trusteeship or guardianship of Ukrainian citizens;
- foreigners whose stay in Ukraine is important to Ukraine’s foreign and domestic policy.
All these nuances can be further clarified by our lawyer or you can consult the migration service. Each case is unique and therefore it is necessary to approach this question correctly.
List of documents for issuing a permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- passport (original for presentation);
- Notarized translation of the passport page where information about the person is indicated;
- an immigration permit (a copy must be presented);
- a type – D visa should be issued (optional);
- a receipt for payment of the state duty;
- 4 photos 3.5 x 4.5 cm on a matte base.
The verification of the documents presented will continue during the first week, consequently, it will be decided to grant or refuse the issue of a permanent residence permit.