Daily mail: The US nuclear submarine engineer and his wife are accused of passing secrets to a foreign government hidden in sandwiches with PEANUT BUTTER after being paid $ 70,000 in cryptocurrencies, but in reality they were dealing with undercover FBI agents
* Navy nuclear engineer Jonathan Toebe, 42, and wife Diana, 49, were accused Saturday of selling secret information to an unidentified foreign country.
* Classified information contained military secrets, particularly about Virginia-class nuclear submarines
* Court documents show that Toebe has unknowingly communicated with FBI agents about these secrets in a pattern that stretched from December 2020 until now.
* According to the Department of Justice, Toebbe received separate cryptocurrency payments totaling $ 100,000
* He and his wife were charged with conspiracy and “disclosure of confidential data,” according to a criminal complaint obtained by Dailymail.com
A US Navy nuclear engineer and his wife were accused of selling secret information about nuclear submarines to an undercover FBI agent posing as a foreign country agent, the Justice Department said Sunday.
In a criminal complaint detailing espionage allegations against Jonathan Toebbe, 42, and his wife Diana, 45, the government said it had been selling information for nearly the last year to a representative of a foreign power.
The FBI says that in April 2020 Toebbe sent a package of Navy documents to a foreign government and wrote that he was interested in selling information on Virginia-class nuclear submarine reactors.
to know more ….
More news about the FBI arresting a US nuclear submarine engineer and his wife trying to sell US nuclear secrets to a foreign country
Navy nuclear engineer attempted espionage, says FBI – New York Times
Operation Against FBI Networks Couple Accused of Trying to Sell US Nuclear Secrets – CNN
Navy nuclear engineer accused of attempting to pass secrets – FOX News / AP
United States Navy Engineer, wife accused of selling secrets to foreign nation – UPI
US Navy engineer, wife accused of selling underwater secrets – Reuters
Navy nuclear engineer and wife arrested in counterintelligence raid – The Western Journal
FBI Arrests Maryland Engineer and Wife for Selling Confidential Nuclear Information – Washington Examiner
Engineer sold nuclear submarine data, but “Foreign Power” rep was really undercover FBI Agent: DOJ – Law & Crime
Navy nuclear engineer and wife accused of attempted espionage – Axios
[ http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WarNewsUpdates/~3/xSGSm1aaR6g/fbi-arrest-us-nuclear-submarine.html https://d26toa8f6ahusa.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/30214746/a-quiet-place-part-2-bigs-16.pdf