The recall election seeking to remove California Governor Gavin Newsom (D) will take place on September 14, 2021. Here’s a preview of the election to update you on this recall election.
Forty-six candidates, including nine Democrats and 24 Republicans, stand for election. Candidates to receive the most media attention and best results so far in polls are YouTuber Kevin Paffrath (D), 2018 governor candidate John Cox (R), radio host Larry Elder (R), the former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer (R), California State Board of Equalization member Ted Gaines (R), former Olympian and TV personality Caitlyn Jenner (R), and Assemblyman Kevin Kiley (R).
The key issues that drove the recall.
There are various reasons why California voters prompted the recall election, but here is a list of top concerns. Here’s a more pro-Newsom view of her performance.
- Gavin Newsom’s Employment Development Department sent over $ 30 billion in fraudulent checks to inmates and other criminals, forcing hundreds of thousands of unemployed Californians to wait months for their money.
- After ordering Californians to stay home and avoid social gatherings, Gavin Newsom arrogantly ignored his own edicts by dining with lobbyists at the French Laundry restaurant without wearing a mask or social distancing.
- As governor, Gavin Newsom has given millions of dollars in no-offer contracts to companies that pay his wife a six-figure salary, a practice that government watchdogs have called a clear conflict of interest.
- Even now, after the CDC lifted all COVID-19 restrictions, Gavin Newsom has refused to relinquish the emergency executive powers he invoked during the pandemic, allowing him to continue awarding multimillion-dollar contracts with no offer to his largest donors in the world. countryside.
- Crime is on the rise in California, but Gavin Newsom has ordered the early release of 20,000 inmates and is giving another 76,000 the chance to leave prison before serving their sentences.
- Gavin Newsom cut $ 150 million from the state fire protection budget and deceived the public about his fire protection record, exaggerating the number of acres protected by his own program by more than 690% and leaving more than 78,000 acres vulnerable to fires. devastating.
- While millions of water users are facing severe restrictions on their personal water use, Gavin Newsom’s largest campaign donor continues to use 120 billion gallons a year, enough to supply all Los Angeles and San Francisco residents. for a whole year.
- Gavin Newsom allowed teacher unions, not science, to dictate when schools might reopen and whether students will be forced to get vaccinated or wear masks in class this fall.
- While Gavin Newsom continues to argue that homelessness is his top priority, the problem has gotten much worse since he’s in office, and now he wants to spend another $ 12 billion on new programs and says it will take another five years to make a dent in homelessness. .
- Due to the high taxes and fees, Californians pay over $ 1.20 more than the national average for a gallon of gas, but Gavin Newsom refused to stop or delay another gas tax hike on July 1.
- Gavin Newsom has accepted a secret nearly $ 1 billion state contract to produce face masks with a politically linked Chinese company. In front of the company he had donated tens of thousands of dollars to the Newsom campaign. Unbeknownst to lawmakers, the company was wired for half a million dollars.
- Governor Newsom has ordered 10% wage cuts for state employees due to the pandemic. Newsom promised to cut his pay, but broke his promise and continued to collect his entire monthly salary.
- The companies, in which Governor Newsom has a stake, have received millions of dollars from the salary protection program. One of the companies is a winery that received nearly a million dollars to protect just 14 jobs. This is more than SEVEN times the average small business loan to other California companies with a similar number of workers.
Here is a video that can provide more information on the reason for the recall.
The same old democratic tactics are at stake.
As a rerun of the 2020 presidential election, mail-order votes sent blindly to voters with little voter identification can determine the results. Some claims are already being made.
Hundreds of recall cards, drugs and a loaded gun were found last week in a vehicle where a criminal was passed out inside, authorities said. During the investigation, the officers learned that the suspect was a criminal and had Xanax pills in his possession. Police said further investigation found thousands of pieces of mail, including over 300 ballots for Governor Gavin Newsom’s upcoming recall election, inside the vehicle.
There have been multiple reports of electoral integrity issues. SoCal residents report having problems with their booster cards – see here. Michael Sedillo of Riverside received five ballots and some voting guides in his mailbox. One for him and four other strangers. Filling of ballot boxes by e-mail?
At the right time, mainstream Democratic media label any allegation of electoral integrity issues as “fake news” – see here and here on FactCheck attempts.
Democrats are doing everything to save Newsom with racist rhetoric and violent protests. This woman threw at least one egg at Gavin Newsom’s black challenger governor while verbally assaulting Elder and his staff.
The woman’s cohorts then became physically aggressive – pushing Elder’s stick, slapping him and hitting him with more eggs – before one starts ranting, “The Democrats control everything!” Look under.
This video of assaulting Larry Elder is deeply troubling.
His attacker wears a monkey mask while the others refer to his staff as “boy”. Then what looks like a reporter laughs. Then a man yells “THE DEMOCRATS MANAGE EVERYTHING!”
Vengeful totalitarianism. pic.twitter.com/bWEUYZndUt
– Raheem J. Kassam (@RaheemKassam) September 8, 2021
And the CNN narrative leads with?
The former California senator, who remains hugely popular with Democratic women and progressive voters of color, argued that the national consequences of this election could be enormous if Newsom were replaced by a Republican.
Los Angeles (CNN) Republican candidate Larry Elder told reporters Wednesday that he believes “there may be scams” in the election to recall California Governor Gavin Newsom, continuing the GOP’s unsubstantiated effort to undermine the election by suggesting wrongdoing.
The Democratic mainstream pushed hard for Newsom and slandered Larry Elder. Breitbart news reported on the onslaught of smear tactics by the media, the Democratic Party, and the settlement of Republican candidates seeking to undermine Elders’ chances in the polls. The attacks launched on Elder, a Republican with a large radio audience, were narrowed down to four different categories: race, gender, radical views and finances.
Here is a chart explaining the general election process for the recall (see more here).
Most voting will take place by post. In fact, every registered voter was sent a ballot paper by post. This could give the Democrats an edge, as 22 million ballots have been mailed. Early returns are coming more from Democrats, but outnumber 2-1 Republicans in the state, and Republicans may be waiting to vote on election day. Forty-six candidates, including nine Democrats and 24 Republicans, stand for election. Here is the final list of candidates.
What do the polls say?
Here is a summary of FiveThirtyEight, with more details here.
Here is a list of other surveys – see more details here.
|Recall of Gavin Newsom, 2021: Recall question polls|
|Survey||Date||Remember||No, don’t remember||undecided||Margin of error||Test measurement||Sponsor|
|YouGov||August 27-September 1, 2021||44%||56%||N / A||± 2.8||2.043||N / A|
|California Institute of Public Policy||20-29 August 2021||39%||58%||N / A||± 3.4||1,706||N / A|
|The Trafalgar Group||August 26-29, 2021||44%||52%||4%||± 3.0||1.088||N / A|
|SurveyUSA||August 26-28, 2021||43%||51%||6%||± 4.4||816||N / A|
|Research on change||22-25 August 2021||42%||57%||1%||± 3.7||782||N / A|
|CBS News / YouGov||6-12 August 2021||48%||52%||0%||± 4.0||1,856||N / A|
|SurveyUSA **||2-4 August 2021||51%||40%||9%||± 5.0||613||N / A|
|Inside California Politics / Emerson College||July 30-August 1, 2021||46%||48%||6%||± 3.0||1,000||N / A|
|Basic decision analysis||July 27-29, 2021||39%||48%||12%||± 3.5||804||N / A|
|Berkeley IGS||July 18-24, 2021||47%||50%||3%||± 2.0||5,795||N / A|
|Inside California Politics / Emerson College||19-20 July 2021||43%||48%||9%||± 2.9||1,085||N / A|
|California Institute of Public Policy||May 9-18, 2021||40%||57%||3%||± 3.2||1,705||N / A|
|Berkeley IGS||April 29-May 5 2021||36%||49%||15%||± 2.0||10.289||N / A|
|SurveyUSA||April 30-May 2, 2021||36%||47%||17%||± 5.3||642||N / A|
|California Institute of Public Policy||March 14-23, 2021||40%||56%||5%||± 3.3||1,706||N / A|
|Probolsky research||March 16-19, 2021||40%||46%||14%||± 3.3||900||N / A|
|Emerson Polling||March 12-14, 2021||38%||42%||14%||± 3.0||1,045||N / A|
|WPA intelligence||February 12-14, 2021||47%||43%||10%||± 3.9||645||Kevin Faulconer|
|Berkeley IGS||January 23-29, 2021||36%||45%||19%||± 2.0||10.357||N / A|
Should Newsome be recalled, Elder appears to be the favorite to replace Newsom, although voters indicating “other” are substantial.
Remember the predictions.
According to political data analysts, more than five million Californians cast their votes in September’s special recall of the governor, representing 23% of eligible voters.
So far, data analysts say older, white and affluent Californians have voted in greater numbers. “It turns out that Gavin Newsom’s biggest supporters appear to be older, white, Democrats living in affluent areas, living in suburban areas, in particular,” said Paul Westcott of L2, a voter mapping firm and demography. “We’ve seen a lot of them, while these other central democratic groups, at least for now, haven’t shown up yet.”
Polls are just polls: they are often wrong, even if they favor Newsom right now. Passion is high for supporters of the Newsom recall. Ultimately, however, the democratic media machine and electoral integrity issues may dominate.
Syndication source for the original RWR article.
[ https://rightwirereport.com/2021/09/09/election-preview-california-governor-newsom-recall-same-ole-democrat-story/ https://d26toa8f6ahusa.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/30214746/a-quiet-place-part-2-bigs-16.pdf