Creamy and cheesy Chicken Stuffed With Spinach it is so juicy and tasty. Browning on the stove and then finishing in the oven ensures it is perfectly cooked in the center. Watch the video tutorial and see how easy it is.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Video
If you liked this video for spinach stuffed chicken, subscribe to our Youtube channel (PS click on the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video). Thank you for signing up and welcome to the Natasha’s Kitchen family!
Because you will love the stuffed chicken breast
We love stuffed chicken breast recipes from stuffed chicken parmesan to Easy Chicken Kiev, and don’t forget the chicken pesto rolls. If you’re looking for new chicken dinner ideas, this spinach stuffed chicken is a must try!
My brother-in-law Vitalik shared this spinach chicken with my husband and we wasted no time in recreating the dish. Tender chicken stuffed with cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan and chopped fresh spinach. It was love at the first bite! The filling becomes super creamy and cheesy in the oven and keeps the chicken breast really juicy.
Ingredients for stuffed chicken
The key to making great stuffed chicken breasts is to use equal sized pieces. This way they all finish cooking at the same time.
- Chicken breast – we use 3 large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts for a total of about 1 3/4 to 2 lbs.
- seasoning – salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika to season the outside of the chicken.
- Cheese cream – use 120 g of cold spreadable cheese
- mayonnaise – makes the filling creamier so that it melts more easily without coagulating. Mayo improves many things!
- Garlic – adding fresh garlic cloves to the filling is a must. For this we use a garlic press.
- Spinach – Freshly chopped spinach works great. See our notes below on replacing with frozen.
- Cheese – the combination of mozzarella and parmesan adds the perfect balance of flavor and melted cheese.
How to Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Do the filling – use a fork to mash the cream cheese, mayonnaise, minced garlic and salt together. Mash the chopped spinach, grated mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cut slits in the chicken – lay the chicken breast flat and use a sharp knife to cut a slit about 3/4 of the way into the chicken.
- Stuffed chicken – fill each chicken breast with 1/3 of the mixture then seal the edges with toothpicks.
- Sear the chicken – heat a large 10 ″ baking pan over medium heat. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the chicken 4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Bake – Transfer the hot pan to the preheated 425 ° F oven for about 10-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) or until a thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the chicken registers 165 ° F.
Professional tip: Make sure you don’t cut the chicken completely so the filling is less likely to come out. If you do, no problem, just seal the other side with a toothpick.
Some very large chicken breasts will have a strip of tender chicken meat attached. Remove the tenders and use them to make crispy chicken tenders.
Chicken thighs are harder to seal and require a little more fat trim, but it would work for stuffing the thighs. Follow the method we used for our stuffed chicken legs recipe.
Frozen spinach works when thawed and squeezed dry to remove excess liquid.
If you cut three chicken breasts in half, you can easily serve 6 people with about 5 ounces of chicken each. You can also use 4 small chicken breasts for 4 large servings, just be sure to reduce the cooking time accordingly with smaller chicken breasts.
Serving tip: Some fillings will escape and turn into tasty drippings. When serving, pour that delicious pan-fried sauce over the chicken.
How to reheat stuffed chicken
Chicken breast is a lean protein, so it can be difficult to reheat without it getting tough or having that reheated chicken flavor. Stuffed chicken should be served cool, but reheats well. Make sure the chicken reaches 165 ° F in the center on a thermometer.
- Oven – this is the preferred method. Preheat the oven to 325 ° F, cover with foil to keep it from drying out, and bake for 10-15 minutes until hot.
- Hob – put in a lightly greased pan over low heat, cover and sauté until hot. Flip the chicken at least once.
- Microwave – this is the least desirable method, but if you insist, cut the chicken in half so that the heat penetrates better. Sprinkle the water and juice from the pan over the chicken, heat to 50% power and check at intervals of 30-45 seconds until it gets hot.
The cream cheese and spinach stuffed chicken breast is adventurous and tastes like restaurant quality dish, but it’s really easy to make. I hope you absolutely love this recipe!
More chicken recipes to try
If you love this stuffed chicken, you won’t want to miss out on these easy chicken dinner ideas.
Chicken Breast Stuffed With Spinach With Cheese
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Time to cook: 23 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
The cream cheese and spinach stuffed chicken is so juicy and tasty. Searing on the stove first gives it a nice color, then finishing it in the oven ensures it is cooked without drying out. This recipe serves 6 if you cut the stuffed chicken breasts in half.
Easy / Medium
Cost of realization:
$ 10- $ 12
spinach stuffed chicken, stuffed chicken breast
Calories: 211 kcal
Portions: 6 people
For the chicken breasts:
large chicken breasts
boneless, skinless (1 3/4 to 2 pounds, equal sized pieces)
For the stuffing:
baby spinach leaves, chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 ° F with a rack in the center. In a bowl, mash the cream cheese, mayonnaise and garlic together with a fork, then fold in the mozzarella, parmesan and chopped spinach leaves until well blended.
Place the chicken on a flat surface and cut the slot 3/4 without cutting completely. Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the mixture and seal horizontally with a toothpick (make sure the chicken breast can lay out on the sides for browning.
Season the outside of the chicken breast with 3/4 teaspoons of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon of paprika or season to taste.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil in an ovenproof skillet such as cast iron or a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute for 4 minutes per side until golden brown on each side.
Turn a second time and immediately transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Cook at 425 ° F for 10-15 minutes until the thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers at 165 ° F. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Pour the pan juices over the chicken to serve.
Chicken Breast Stuffed With Spinach With Cheese
Quantity per serving
Calories from Fat 135
% Daily value *
Saturated fat 6g38%
Trans fat 1g
Sugar 1 g1%
Vitamin A 1117IU22%
C vitamin 3mg4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.