The Brazilian legend took to social media to confirm the news and says he is optimistic about his recovery.
Brazilian legend Pele confirmed that he was successfully operated on to remove a tumor from his colon.
The three-time World Cup winner revealed that the tumor was discovered during hospital tests last week.
The 80-year-old remains optimistic about his recovery and says he will keep a smile on his face throughout the process.
Pelé confirmed the news in an Instagram post along with a photo of him wearing the famous yellow jersey of Brazil.
“Last Saturday I underwent surgery to remove a suspicious lesion in my right colon,” he wrote.
“The tumor was identified during the tests I mentioned last week. Luckily I’m used to celebrating big wins by your side.
I will face this match with a smile on my face, a lot of optimism and joie de vivre surrounded by the love of my family and friends. “
Rumors of fainting denied
The news comes just days after Pele was forced to deny rumors that he passed out in the hospital while rumors about his health circulated.
“Guys, I haven’t fainted and I’m in excellent health,” he wrote on social media.
“I went for my routine exams, which I hadn’t been able to do before due to the pandemic. Let them know that I will not play next Sunday! “
Pelé is widely recognized as one of the best footballers of all time, having excelled on the national and world stage for over a decade.
[ http://www.neduwealth.com/2021/09/brazilian-football-legend-pele-recovers.html https://d26toa8f6ahusa.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/30214746/a-quiet-place-part-2-bigs-16.pdf