Gladys Berejiklian under pressure for modeling that shows the state’s health system is “overwhelmed” by Covid cases; rapid antigen tests approved for home use. Follow the latest updates live
- Patient stuck in NSW faces bureaucratic nightmare to cross the Queensland border
- NSW records 1,281 new infections from Covid and five deaths
- How will hospitals fare when Covid cases in NSW hit 2,000 per day?
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; Qld; borders
- Vaccine Launch Tracker; download our free news app; receive our morning email briefing
The New South Wales government has set a goal of zero native wildlife extinctions on the state’s national parks estate, the first time an Australian government has set the goal.
Environment Minister Matt Kean said the target, which will apply to all parks in NSW, is a response to the continuing decline in endangered plants and animals and Australia’s status as the country with the highest mammalian extinction rate.
Related: Zero extinction goal for NSW national parks welcomed by environmental groups
And the position of deputy of the Victorian Liberal is occupied, with a member for Caufield, David Southwick, marking the concert.
New VICLib team: Guy and deputy David Southwick. #spring
[ https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2021/sep/07/australia-covid-live-update-nsw-hospitals-brace-for-cases-surge-grace-tame-to-address-womens-safety-summit-victoria-coronavirus-tests-gladys-berejiklian-daniel-andrews-exposure-sites-scott-morrison https://d26toa8f6ahusa.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/30214746/a-quiet-place-part-2-bigs-16.pdf