* In the latest ransomware attack, members of Congress are hacked
* At least 60 legislators who were unable to access constitute data for weeks
* The target was iConstituent, a technology provider providing constituent services
* The problem is still being resolved as legislator frustration grows
* It is not clear who is responsible for the attack * The US government and companies have been targeted by Russian cyber hackers
* President Biden will discuss the matter with Putin when they meet next week
At least 60 members of Congress from both sides were unable to access the data for weeks in the latest ransomware attack to hit the United States.
The goal was iConstituent, a technology provider that provides outreach services to dozens of House offices, including a newsletter service that allows lawmakers to communicate with residents in their districts and a service to monitor hard cases.
It is the latest cyberattack after a series of hacks against the US executive branch and US corporations left many institutions vulnerable and the Biden administration struggling to deal with the situation.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: It is becoming an epidemic …. A tough fight against the ransomware epidemic (AFP). It is also a threat to national security …. Ransomware attacks burden Biden with a major national security crisis (CNN). My biggest fear is that these attacks will start to hit our financial institutions successfully.
We have a personal note. I am personally involved in some web projects. To protect our data, we now back up everything once a week and then disconnect it from the network.