A blocked sink in the kitchen can make the sink look messy and unkempt. The experience of a blocked sink is something that can happen from time to time as long as the sink is constantly in use.
Some of the causes of a blocked sink are soap particles, food particles, oily foods that didn’t make it down the drain.
A blocked sink is something you can fix even without the service of a plumber.
1. Pour hot water into the sink
When the skin freezes, the first thing to do is boil the water and throw it down the sink.
Helps remove debris and oily substance that may be causing the hose to become blocked.
Note: Avoid pouring hot water into the sink if the drain is connected to PVC pipes as hot water may damage it.
2. Break it down with baking soda and vinegar
Baking soda and vinegar are also common household items you may have in the kitchen.
Follow these steps to let the blend do its magic:
- Remove standing water from the sink with a cup or bowl.
- Pour a cup of baking soda down the drain, using a spatula or spoon to push the powder down the drain if necessary.
- Pour a cup of white vinegar into the drain opening.
- Put a cap or lid on the drain to seal the opening.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and run hot tap water down the drain.
- Use boiling water to break the most intense hooves.
3. Clean the P-trap
If the water still does not drain properly, there may be an obstruction in the P-trap, which is the elbow-shaped pipe under the sink. Food, oily residues, and others can get stuck in the hose, causing the sink to drain slowly.
Unblock the tube to clean the debris causing the blockage.
Note: This can get a little messy, so you might want to grab a bucket for the dirt that will come out.
Follow these steps:
- Put a bucket under the hose. This will catch backup water or debris that may fall out when you open the P trap.
- Unscrew the connectors on the siphon that secure the curved piece to the vertical and horizontal drain pipe. There should be a sliding nut on both ends of the P trap.
- Remove the P-trap and clean the tube of all debris and particles.
- Reconnect the trap.
- Open the tap to let the water run down the drain.
[ https://newsblenda.com/video/general-video/3-easy-ways-to-fix-a-blocked-sink/ https://d26toa8f6ahusa.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/30214746/a-quiet-place-part-2-bigs-16.pdf